Salary: $20.40 an hour
Job type: Full-time
Location: Cornwallis Park, NS
Shift/Hours: Morning, night, overnight
**NEW COMPENSATION PLAN NOW IN PLACE**
Acadian Seaplants Limited Cornwallis, NS plant is growing and we are hiring multiple Production Operators to meet the demand! This is an immediate need!
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Operator runs equipment within the required specifications within a highly automated and modern production facility. There are procedures for the Operator to follow, but the job also requires the Operator to think critically, problem-solve, and make adjustments as necessary. The Operator will also be responsible for maintaining a clean work area and helping out in other areas of the plant as needed.
- Follow all standard operating procedures in a safe and timely manner.
- Record all required data on daily shift reports.
- Operate mobile equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintain housekeeping in accordance with 5S and safety requirements.
- Report any incidents or accidents to the Supervisor immediately.
- Be flexible and open to cross-training.
- Support the needs of the team by displaying a passion for achieving results.
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent is desired. Experience in a processing plant environment would be an asset.
- Experience with rotating shiftwork in a 24/7 operation is preferred.
- Basic computer skills and basic math skills are required.
- Candidates must be motivated to learn other operations of the plant and take on additional responsibilities.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and a desire to get the job done, and done right.
- Must have reliable personal transportation
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your resume to Steve Empringham by clicking “Apply Now”.