Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is a polytechnic college in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This institute is hiring business analyst for a permanent role
Full Job Description
Business Data Analyst, Tuition and Fees, Office of the Registrar – Appendix D
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Position Title: Business Data Analyst-Tuition and Fees
Status: Appendix D Contract
Hours: 35 hours per week
Faculty/Department: Office of the Registrar
Campus/Location: North Campus
Salary: Band H Min $33.38 Max $38.75
What you bring to the role:
The successful incumbent obtains a 3 year diploma/ degree or equivalent in the following fields of study: Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science or related program of study, and is working towards an accounting designation, in the final levels of certification for: CGA, CM, CA or CPA.
The incumbent must have a minimum of 3 years’ related work experience working in student fee collection or accounting.
- Strong knowledge of financial statements, receipts, payments, general accounting procedures and internal controls;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Superior communication skills with the ability to explain complex processes;
- Sound understanding of the post-secondary system;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Demonstrated proficiency in student information systems, especially relational databases;
- Ability to work in a highly automated environment Leadership skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to guide and motivate a team.
- Must have access to a reliable internet connection.
- Must have a suitable and private work space to take calls from home/remotely.
- Should be comfortable working from home/remotely and on-site as we are utilizing a hybrid approach at this point in time. There could be changes to this approach pending direction from government officials and public health.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.