As a care worker or support worker in Canada, you have an incredibly important role in providing support, care and assistance to individuals who require help in their daily lives. Whether you work in a care home, community center or in an individual’s home, your role is vital in improving the quality of life of those you support.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
- Must be available to alternate weekends.
- Responsible for working with people with vulnerability in diverse ways. The types of vulnerability may (in most cases it is certain) differ from patient to patient.
- To provide a need led service to adults with a learning disability by adopting a person centred approach that fosters self-awareness, personal growth and gives each person the strongest voice with regards to decision making and lifestyle choices.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS & DUTIES
- Support people with regards to decision making and lifestyle choices enabling them to take control of their own lives, increasing independence.
- Ensure all personal care tasks are carried out in line with the needs, wishes and preferences of the individual.
- Support people to take an active role in the community by accessing local facilities and wider community resources in the spirit of social inclusion.
- Support people to develop and expand social networks and friendships.
- To support people through the transition process.
- Work as a keyworker/ co keyworker to coordinate and develop the support to the individual including Health Action Plans and Person-Centred Plans.
- Work with individuals to promote healthy lifestyles by liaising with local health care professionals.
- Work in partnership with care managers and other professionals to maximise quality of life for individuals.
- Ensure the security of the building and the safety of the people living in the home.
- Develop positive relationships with family and carers.
NB This job description is not exhaustive and there may be times you will be required to undertake other duties to meet the needs of the people living in the home or the service.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$23.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
English not required
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Markham, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location