Location: 125 Syndicate Ave S Ste 42, Thunder Bay, ON
Salary: CA$33K-CA$108K (Employer EST.)
Job type: Full Time , Part time
Shift/Hours: Morning, night, overnight
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
PRIVACY: Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 302, as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, 125 Syndicate Ave Suite 42, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H8, Telephone: 625-3866
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
Please ensure you indicate your availability in your application.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Community & Event Development Coordinator, supervises and oversees the operation of the Splash Pad, Skating Rink and Water Garden Pavilion at Prince Arthur’s Landing.
- Opens and closes facility as per procedures.
- Maintains a safe facility for program participants, groups, and volunteers.
- Answers telephone and in-person inquiries concerning the operation and services at the facility.
- Completes forms related to time-sheets, accidents, unusual events, complaints and water chemistry to comply with Ontario Health guidelines.
- Participates in staff meetings and training as required.
- Advises supervisor of any equipment maintenance or replacements needed.
- Performs cleaning duties in the Water Garden Pavilion and around the splash pad/skating rink area.
- Conducts pool tests and user statistics.
- Provides assistance with room set up as required.
- Responsible for lock-up of equipment.
- Performs public relations functions, including conducting facility tours and providing information relating to facility
- programs and services and general facility information.
- Administers first aid as required, responds to emergency situations and completes the necessary forms relating to unusual events/incidents/accidents; reports same to Supervisor.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Must have secondary school diploma
- Must also have some office experience, including working with a computer.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem solve
- Computer skills and experience
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act as it applies to this work
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Will be required to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Within 15 days of receiving a conditional offer of employment, must successfully obtain and maintain a valid standard first aid with CPR C certification
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Irregular hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Online: Apply On Company WebSite