Full Job Description
Are you a customer-focused, empathetic, compassionate person and enjoy helping others?
Are you flexible, adaptable, and able to follow directions?
Does working behind the wheel of a company provided vehicle sound good to you?
Then we want to you to apply with RCT and drive with Us!
AutoLux Ltd. o/a Rapid City Transportation has been specializing in non-emergency medical transportation logistics services for over 20 years, supporting all of Ontario, offering professional and courteous door-to-door concierge style transportation for individuals requiring special care – before, during and after their transfers.
We are looking for mature individuals who are passionate about helping others and who want to join the RCT team
Why work at RCT?
- Drivers are provided with a company vehicle and company paid smart phone, of which all expenses including insurance, maintenance and gas during business use are covered. Vehicles are late model sedans, minivans and wheelchair accessible vans. Smart phones and vehicles stay in driver’s possession for the length of employment.
- Drivers are paid door-door, which is inclusive of all travel and wait time to/from passenger trips.
- Opportunity to support the vulnerable sector and make a real difference in someone’s life.
- Work in an inclusive culture, with access to management who really care.
- Participate in recognition programs, service awards, and other celebrations.
- Drivers typically work Monday to Friday, potentially up to 11 hours/day to a maximum of 14 hours/day. A typical week could be up to 40 hours ($620.00/week), to a maximum of 60 hours (930.00/week).
- Weekend trips are available on volunteering basis for additional hours. Driver must be comfortable driving during hours past dusk.
- Focus on providing safe, calm, and reliable transportation using a combination of customer service, communication, and defensive driving skills.
- Assist our passengers with all their needs including carrying luggage, assisting in and out of the vehicle, assisting with seat belts, and other items as required.
- Communicate in real time with our Dispatch Department and navigating within our company systems daily.
- Have ten (10) years of driving experience with a valid G Driver’s License. Be able to provide a driver’s abstract in good standing and a letter of experience from current insurance company.
- Good overall physical health and be able to provide a medical note to support such. Be able to lift up to 50 pounds as required by a passenger.
- Preferably a non-smoker due to transporting individuals in the vulnerable sector with medical conditions impacted by scents.
- Able to comfortably wear a protective mask and work with sanitizing products, in response to infectious disease pandemics.
- Upon joining the company and as requested, be able to provide a current police check, including a vulnerable sector search.
- Have a valid CPR Certificate. The company will pay to renew CPR Certificates during active employment.
- Be able to drive for long periods of time depending on the trip requested.
- Be able to comfortably navigate an android smartphone. Be able to operate and follow a GPS system.
- Hold strong knowledge of own regional geographic area and the metropolitan Greater Toronto Area.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English language.
- Be customer service oriented.
- Able to determine if a passenger has physical limitations, requiring additional support and providing such assistance upon pick-up.
- Have a private location to safely store the company provided vehicle when not on active duty.