Job Title: Front Counter Clerk – Casual
Location: 5 St Anne St, St. Albert, AB
Shift: Morning, Night, Overnight
Cultivate your Career
As Alberta’s ‘Botanical Arts City’, St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 70,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
The City of St. Albert Policing Services is recruiting for casual Front Counter Clerk(s) to provide customer service for the department on a casual basis.
As the Front Counter Clerk, you will be responsible for receiving requests and complaints, processing criminal record checks, and accepting a variety of payments such as parking tickets, dog licenses, and alarm permits.
This position is represented by the CUPE 5141 Collective Agreement.
- The successful candidate will have at minimum a high school diploma combined with at least three years of previous customer service and cash handling experience, preferably in a policing environment.
- Previous experience using RCMP programs including ROSS, PROS, ciids and CPIC is an asset as while as knowledge of the City of St. Albert program Tempest.
Candidates must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal with a variety of customer needs.
Hours of Work
Hours of work can vary according to the business needs. The typical shift coverage is needed between the following hours:
Monday–Friday: 0730–1630 or 1000–1900
Additional shift available on Monday: 1800-2100
Starting at $28.20 per hour.
- Please upload a cover letter and a resume when applying for this opportunity. These will need to be uploaded as two separate documents.
- Please note that the City conducts most interviews via video conference and will provide a link and instructions to applicants selected for an interview.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The City of St. Albert will no longer accept applications in person, via fax, email or by post.
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Online: Apply On Company WebSite