Job Title: Warehouse Picker
Location: Acton, ON
Shift: Morning, Night, Overnight
Purity life Health Products LP is Canada’s leading distributor of natural health products. We have developed our industry through outstanding innovation and a commitment operational excellence. We have current job opportunities as a PICKER (3:30 pm to 12:00 am) located in our Acton Distribution Centre.
PICKER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Pick materials and products manually for distribution to our customers
- Lift totes off racking to station for packing (approx. 40 lbs)
- Performs basic quality control checks including package counts and evaluating product or package appearance
- Folds & tapes boxes, applies labels, and stacks boxes on pallets/conveyor
- Demonstrate proficiency in packing all components and sub-components for all cases, boxes and displays
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment and tools are properly utilized to increase productivity and efficiency
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling heavy objects, proper cutting techniques, reaching and
- Ensure that your work area is neat, safe, organized and packing materials restocked at all times
- Responsible for the careful handling of merchandise at all times
- Consistently meet minimum required production, accuracy or quality standards for work performed.
- Assembly of mass orders by weighing and shrink wrapping pallets
What skills and qualities are important for a Warehouse Picker?
What is the work environment like for Warehouse Picker?
The work environment for a Warehouse Picker can vary depending on the specific industry, company, and the nature of the warehouse operation. However, there are common elements that characterize the work environment for Warehouse Pickers:
- Warehouse Setting:
- Warehouse Pickers typically work in large, often busy, warehouse facilities. These spaces are designed to store and organize various goods and products.
- Physical Demands:
- The job involves a significant amount of physical activity. Warehouse Pickers are frequently on their feet, walking throughout the warehouse, and lifting or moving boxes and items. Physical stamina is essential.
- Temperature Variation:
- Warehouses can have varying temperature conditions. Some are climate-controlled, while others may not be. Warehouse Pickers may work in environments that are cooler or warmer, depending on the products stored.
- Use of Equipment:
- Warehouse Pickers often use equipment such as hand trucks, pallet jacks, and sometimes forklifts to move and transport items. Training and certification may be required for certain equipment.
- Shift Work:
- Warehouse operations often require coverage throughout the day and night. As a result, Warehouse Pickers may work in shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Understanding and adapting to the dynamics of the warehouse environment is essential for Warehouse Pickers. It requires a combination of physical fitness, attention to detail, teamwork, and a commitment to safety to excel in this role.