Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. (PCLI), an HF Sinclair business, located in Mississauga, Ontario is seeking a Temporary Full-time Packaging Line Operator for a one year contract to start. The Packaging Line Operator works in our Lubricants Centre reporting to the Production Supervisor. In this position, you will be responsible for operating the packaging lines with the goal of meeting our daily production targets. We produce over 350 premium quality lubricants, specialty fluids and greases and produce some of the purest base oils in the world – 99.9% pure.
- Set up and operate automatic and semi-automatic packaging equipment
- Perform line change procedures and troubleshoot equipment
- Perform all job tasks according to standard operating procedures
- Maintain effective communication with other production team members
- Report and log production data by utilizing our production-related computer systems
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to process and quality improvements
- Maintain training to keep skills and qualifications current
- General housekeeping and other duties as assigned
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- Two or more years of experience working in a manufacturing and production environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Demonstrated safety focus, with an ability to understand and follow all safety and operational procedures and policies
- Team player who also has the ability to work individually, managing multiple demands and competing priorities
- Proactive problem-solver, but exercises quick and decisive action when issues arise
- Collaborative with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Experience in a high-speed packaging operation and an ISO 9000 registered organization is an asset
- Forklift experience is strongly preferred but no required
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required
- Mechanical aptitude to perform hands-on operations of plant equipment
- Demonstrated safety focus, with an ability to understand and follow all safety, quality, operational procedures and policies
- Strong judgment when resolving problems
- Ability to anticipate problems and takes initiative to preventative measures
- Ability to collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most
- Computer literacy, including experience using SAP is an asset
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- This is a temporary full-time, unionized position for approximately one year in length
- Shift work may be required, which includes our day shift (6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.) or our afternoon shift (2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.)
- Starting hourly rate for this role is $31.10 plus shift differentials for afternoon hours
Our One HF Sinclair Culture:
At HF Sinclair, we are united through our One HF Sinclair Culture, which is underpinned by our five core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. Developed to empower our people, our five core cultural values are at the heart of everything we do and extend to how we engage our stakeholders. These values influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. We have a long-standing commitment to Integrity and ethical behavior and do what is right for our employees, investors, communities and the environment. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. We foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger.
About HF Sinclair Corporation
HF Sinclair Corporation (“HF Sinclair”), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HF Sinclair Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.