Full Job Description
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
40 Camelot Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K2G 5X8
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work-life balance.
Why this role is important?
Pharmacy Assistant Job Description
MediSystem is a division of Shoppers Drug Mart and is a specialized pharmacy servicing seniors in long term care and retirement homes throughout Ontario for over 24 years. We currently service over 40,000 seniors across Canada. MediSystem is part of the Shoppers Drug Mart network of over 1,400 stores.
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you!
How you’ll succeed:
At MediSystem a division of Shoppers Drug Mart., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
What you will need to succeed as a Pharmacy Assistant:
- No experience required in Pharmacy
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn
- Excellent oral and written communication and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maneuver quickly and consistently for an extended period of time
- To be adaptable – You may work in different departments to support workflow
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
As a Pharmacy assistant you will learn the below functions and may support in other areas, as required.
- Follow a step by step workflow process to prepare packages for shipment
- Working with a team, you will use an automated process to package orders for nursing homes and have them ready for delivery
- Investigate and trouble shoot orders to have them shipped on time
To help you stand out, any or all the following are preferred
- High school diploma
- Kroll software experience
- Pharmacy experience with Long Term Care
What we offer?
- Colleague Discount Program
- Competitive Benefit Plan
- Employer Matched Pension
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- And Much More!
This role requires employees to be flexible to work a variety of shifts during the business’ hours of operations, which include occasional weekend shifts and statutory holidays.