The Security Guard provides excellent customer service, while working to ensure all hazards and safety threats are addressed timely and comprehensively. This individual is responsible for patrolling the resort to enforce policies and ensure all incidents are documented.
PERKS & BENEFITS
At Sun Outdoors, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with an award-winning work environment and awesome perks!
- Online access to view and update personal information, review paystubs, annual T4s, and more
- Participation in company-wide SunRewards program
- Team Member Perks & Benefits Program with hundreds of discounts on things like mobile phone service, travel, retail, and more
- Get paid daily with DailyPay
- Access to hundreds of online learning modules via Sun University
- Vacation RV site rent discounts at Sun Outdoors locations nationwide
- Enforces the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the resort.
- Patrols the resort by foot and/or vehicle to observe and report suspicious activity.
- Responds to emergencies, taking the appropriate action and documenting all incidents.
- Physically checks all property points to ensure doors, gates, and restricted areas are secure and monitored at all times, including CCTV monitoring.
- Follows all safety procedures while performing duties.
- Writes detailed narrative reports and maintains daily activity reports.
- Delivers special packages and/or one-day mail to appropriate sites.
- Routinely checks resort amenities (i.e. swimming pools) for unregistered guests.
- Tags vehicles for removal by owner at unrented transient sites.
- Assists with coverage at the main gate.
- Utilizes two-way radio and computer applications.
- Works in large crowds in various weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Associates Degree in Police Foundations (Preferred)
- Ability to remain focused during high stress situations
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and the internet
- Working knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act of Ontario and basic knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Professional appearance
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures