Full Job Description
Canadian Bank Note Company is a global leader in the development of customized solutions for identification, border security, excise control, currency, and lottery operations. Our customers are domestic and foreign governments, and together we work to design, launch and support the technologically advanced secure documents and information systems that protect borders, safeguard national currencies, and generate revenue for government social initiatives.
What’s In It For You?
As a lab technician you can take pride in knowing that the work you do helps safeguard our world. Your attention to detail coupled with your creative problem-solving skills will make you a key player in quality testing, resulting in high caliber products.
The ability to obtain, and maintain, Government of Canada Secret (Level II) clearance;
The QC Lab operates 7 days a week. This position rotates between 3 schedules (5 x 8h shifts (Monday to Friday), and 3 x 12h shifts (Monday-Wednesday or Thursday to Saturday). You must have the flexibility to work various shifts (days, evenings, and nights) with overtime and/or weekends to meet production demand.
People who enjoy variety and think beyond their job descriptions succeed here. As part of the team at CBN, your job is to take your career in new directions and be part of our customer’s success stories. So, if you’re looking for the chance to work for a global technology company, explore new opportunities, and deliver exceptional work to your customers, we want to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people. Canadian Bank Note Company Limited is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require.
What Will You Do?
Your role will be to perform testing in the Quality Lab, ensuring the products we make are meeting their target specifications and are suitable for their intended use.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform lab technician duties (including but not limited to: incoming and finished product testing, in‑process quality checks, durability tests, data entry, generating control charts, submitting shift reports, placing materials on hold)
- Learn to use specialized laboratory equipment and tools to ensure that a multitude of secure documents and their constituent components meet specific product specifications and standards through verification and durability testing.
- Support other teams (production, R&D) on projects by managing/organizing/verifying data to ensure proper collection and utilization of data.
- Help maintain the laboratory and its equipment – employ 5S principles to ensure a clean, well-organized and safe environment that is tour-worthy at all times; coordinate calibration and certification of laboratory equipment and manufacturing measuring devices.
- Learn, grow and develop your knowledge and skills so you can identify opportunities for improvement and propose process improvements that will positively impact quality levels and increase efficiencies.
What Will Help You Succeed?
Our ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience within a lab environment (print, pulp & paper, pharmaceutical, healthcare). We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, technologically savvy, detail-oriented, curious and has an interest in quality.
Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- High level of proficiency in Office 365 (specifically Excel and Word);
- Previous experience in statistical analysis (basic level)
- Previous experience in technical writing
- Previous experience in quality control is an asset, but not required;
- Previous experience in the print industry is an asset, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- High level of organization
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills