AZ Drivers perform duties associated with transporting hazardous and non-hazardous waste between Covanta facilities, third-party facilities and the Client’s sites. AZ Drivers will have the opportunity to operate a variety of equipment including vacuum tankers, vacuum trucks, vans and flat beds.Responsible for the safe operation and inspection of the commercial vehicle to transport waste to and from client’s site to Covanta facilities. Must provide a high level of professionalism and customer service in all interactions with clients, colleagues, and business partners.
- Safety is the number one goal of all CES employees. Drivers must operate equipment in a safe manner following DOT and company policies / regulations.
- Driving commercial vehicle to pick up and transport waste to a designated location safely while meeting scheduled appointments and following all DOT regulations.
- This position requires the employee to cross US-Canada border for day and overnight trips to Indiana, New York, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin;
- This position requires the employee to perform day and overnight trips across Quebec, Ontario and occasionnaly to other provinces.
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water;
- Maintain paperwork including expense reports, time sheets, vehicle inspection reports, Manifests, and job sheets;
- Ensure security of cargo and safe operation of vehicle at all times – when moving and stationary;
- Ensure placarding of vehicle meets DOT regulations;
- This position requires the employee to sit and drive for long periods of time;
- Must be able to lift heavy hoses and drag them around the client site (Generally 50 pounds on a daily basis);
- Proper completion of logs (paper and electronic)
- Ability to climb in and out of a truck tractor.
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.