Easywell Canada is a newly established Canadian food processing company, aiming to specialize in edible oils refinery, filling and distribution to major retail stores globally. The company aims to provide rewarding careers that gives you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve.
Easywell is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions with no regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender and identity
The Company is currently looking for Food Processing Engineer for the running of its edible oil refinery and packaging plant in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Potential applicants will be working in a variety of positions including refineries, filling lines, laboratory and control room environments. The manufacturing plant runs 24 hours per day and the workforce rotates through 3 shifts.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role has responsibility for Planning, directing and monitoring all production, maintenance and product quality activities to maximize the use of the organization’s resources and meet established production specifications and schedules; volume, cost, downtime, waste, and quality standards.
- Monitor overall edible oil processing operational results such as yields, consumables, efficiencies and cost figures and takes appropriate action to stay on track with budgets and other agreed targets.
- Look after planning and maintenance activities of refinery and packaging equipment to ensure good production and minimum downtime.
- Have good knowledge of edible oil refinery and filling equipment, plan production as appropriate.
- Responsible for overseeing execution of short to medium term production commitments for the site.
- Ensure safety of workers, production facility by collaborating with internal and external resources to drive towards a zero accident or illness culture within the factory.
- Have good understanding of edible oil quality control and laboratory testing, ensure conformance to product specifications.
- Have good knowledge and able to implement FSSC, BRC standards.
- Lead all new product development efforts within the organization ( refinery materials and processes, packaging material, new process developments).
- Ensure and check quality of all packaging materials and finished goods.
- Liaise with all interested parties both regulators and suppliers.
- Coordinate with external testing and food analysis bodies to ensure best quality products are delivered
- Look after the filling operation to ensure filling and packaging losses are reduced to the barest minimum.
– Minimum with working experience or Qualification: Bachelor of Science (Chemical Engineering) degree or related field. Masters degree added advantage.
Experience (type) –
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience in an edible oil production environment including food manufacturing methods, process improvement program and procedures.
· Extensive experience (collectively up to 5 years in food manufacturing factory emphasis on food safety managements, quality management systems, yield improvement and production planning)
Knowledge or specific business understanding –
· Strong technical background, able to provide leadership for the production team.
· Good knowledge of Food safety management systems
· Good knowledge of food oil laboratory analysis and quality control
· Good knowledge of organizational effectiveness and production management
· Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
· Analytical and conceptual skills
· knowledgeable in Health and Safety Systems
· knowledgeable in lean management(eg. 5S)
- High Level in Initiative/Dedication
- Stakeholder Management
- Effective Team Leadership
- Building People Capability
- Strategic Vision
- Driving Change
- Analysis & Concept
· Develop and implement manufacturing schedules and procedures and allocate labor and capital resources to maximize productivity
· Analyze production, maintenance, and malfunction records to identify problems and recommend solutions (for example changes to procedures, workflow or equipment) that will improve performance. It is expected that such improvements will be implemented in collaboration with the CI Lead for the site.
· Plan, prioritize and manage production line maintenance or downtimes to minimize disruptions to manufacturing schedules
· Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of supervisors who are responsible for various production and maintenance activities such as assembly, machine operation, processing, treating or packaging.
· Set targets and develop improvement plans and develop area capability in line with site priorities.
· Drive performance against relevant departmental KPI’s and achieve the budgeted performance without compromising on the long-term targets.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $33.59 per hour
- Automobile allowance
- Company events
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
French not required
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location