Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Shift: Morning, Night, Overnight
WHO WE ARE : At Horseshoe Resort, we are a team that loves to serve people, priding ourselves on the service that our colleagues deliver to our guests.
Horseshoe Resort is always looking for talented individuals to join our growing team of hospitality professionals and recreation enthusiasts.
If you are outgoing, friendly and love adventure and the outdoors, you may be the person we are looking for!
The Kitchen Porter is responsible for supporting the culinary team by ensuring kitchen cleanliness, maintaining kitchen organization, and assisting with basic food prep when required.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Arrive in uniform, with name tag and proper shoes 15 minutes before your shift is scheduled to begin
Rinse off dishes before running them through washer sort and rinse cutlery before washing
- Keep dish area as tidy as possible
- Empty and turn off dishwasher before end of shift
- Garbage bins are to be cleaned and emptied on a regular basis to eliminate the bags ripping and becoming too heavy to throw into the garbage containers.
- The floor is to be kept clean at all times, do not walk past garbage on the floor, pick it up the first time
Empty dish cart when time permits
- Follow the general rules as well as all Health & Safety procedures as outlined in the Horseshoe Resort Health & Safety Policy.
- Work with Health & Safety Committee to fully comply with their requests
- Work in a safe manner as outlined in the Horseshoe Resort Health & Safety responsibilities for workers
Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with the established policies and procedures
- Always treat the guest and all resort employees with respect, courtesy, efficiency, and friendliness
- Always work as a team
- Always conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Must be able to work well under minimal supervision
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks that include bending and twisting
- Physically fit with the ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and evenings
- The Perks for All Team Members
Gain experience in a fun environment
Free resort pass access : alpine lift pass, snow tubing, Nordic trail pass, pool, gym and more!
Hotel, retail and restaurant discounts
Meet new people and work within a great team
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Online: Apply On Company WebSite