This position will be required to safely operate, maintain and clean high production, sophisticated and automated cannabis pre-roll (cigarette) manufacturing and packaging equipment.
This position must facilitate production of pre-rolls that meet/exceed requirements in regulatory compliance, health and safety, environmental standards, brand standards, and customer experience.
We are rapidly raising the bar of execution, professionalism and innovation in the cannabis pre-roll sector. Our blend of innovative technology and a highly experienced team ensures that we deliver high quality, convenient and consistent pre-rolls at a very competitive price.
Day to day:
Communication skills, organization, attention to detail, health and safety, and time management are critical to the success of our pre-roll department and to the continued improvement and success of the brand.
Some examples of day-to-day work include:
- Setting up production machines and ancillary equipment to optimal specifications
- Operating production machines at high efficiency to deliver finished products of good quality, low reject and in line with agreed production targets and specifications.
- Performing troubleshooting and basic maintenance on production machines and ancillary equipment.
- Assisting in planned maintenance inspections and preventive maintenance on the production machines and ancillary equipment.
- Assisting in carrying out modifications to improve on the production machines’ performance where necessary.
- Closely monitoring the performance of production machines as well as providing input on all factory equipment requirements.
- Training and development of subordinates within the section.
- Liaising with management on manufacturing technological changes.
- Liaising with management to ensure key sub-assembly spares are available when required and in good condition.
- Ensuring that the machine, production line and working station is cleaned and sanitized to a very high standard.
- Working in a team-based environment with other employees.
- Troubleshooting and resolving mechanical problems.
- Disassembling manufacturing equipment, sanitizing, and reassembling.
- Adhering to the company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), workflows and policies.
- Following all health and safety requirements.
Qualified candidates will:
· Be highly proficient with mechanical concepts and their application including machine handling, running, setting, maintenance and trouble shooting.
· Have solid experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Be 21 years of age or older.
· Be eligible to legally work in Canada.
· Be able to travel for a week at a time to train as needed.
· Be willing to work overtime and weekends when required.
· Have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
· Have demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills.
· Be highly organized and detail-oriented.
· Be able to follow instructions and react quickly even in high stress environments.
· Have effective time management skills with an ability to multi-task efficiently.
· Have capacity for critical thinking.
· Be self-motivated and reliable.
· Have an interest in continuous improvement and making things safer and more efficient.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.50-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: One location