The Messenger Driver is responsible for working effectively and efficiently in performing their specified mail deliveries within the Messenger Services unit. The incumbent is accountable for timely execution of deliveries that includes pick up/drop of Canada Post mail in the morning and/or afternoon. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for the delivery of internal mail, couriers and Canada Post mail using bank owned vehicles to various Scotiabank offices in the downtown core, 1 St. Clair, Mississauga and periodically to other locations in Scarborough and North York. While the day to day operation of the incumbent’s function can be relatively routine, problems and opportunities can do arise in the fast pace environment of Distribution Services. The incumbent is expected to exercise sound judgement in dealing with any unforseen problems expeditiously with and/or without direction from the Assistant Manager, Messenger services.
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The Messenger Driver is accountable for drop off/pick up of internal mail, couriers, Canada Post mail, bulk material/boxes and equipment for the bank’s executive offices in the downtown Toronto core as well as other locations in the GTA including but not limited to, 1 St. Clair, Tahoe/Mississauga, 90 Wynford, 2201 Scarborough.
- The incumbent is acocuntable for properly identifying the material to be transported and verifying information to ensure proper distribution.
- The incumbent is accountable for safe and secure transporting of high valued items on behalf of Scotiabank.
- The incumbent provides excellent service as they will interface with other teams in Distribution Services and partners across the bank with at times rush and/or content sensitive deliveries.
- The incumbent is required to maintain an accurate daily log of van use and all attempted/completed deliveries throughout the day.
- The incumbent is responsible for proper maintenance of the bank’s vehicle and for reporting up -coming scheduled maintenance work and/or damages to the Assistant Manager for further action.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Highschool Diploma
- Knowledge of mailroom logistics
- Expert knowledge of Toronto/GTA street geography
- Must have an impeccable driving record
- This incumbent works in a production mailroom environment.
- The position involves lifting to 75lbs at any given time, pushing pallet trucks, two-wheel dollies, packaging mail and material in the servicing of mail routes and fulfillment of service requests.
- The external portion of activity exposes incumbent to driving in all weather conditions, construction, and other daily hazards.
- The incumbent is exposed to driving on an ongoing daily basis in the downtown core, and highway driving to North York and Mississauga. It could range from early morning to late evening shift in potentially extreme weather conditions.
- Awareness of traffic by-laws and ongoing traffic conditions to ensure safe operations of the vehicle.
- Position is subject to daily traffic patterns and problems. Unexpected changes in routine are ongoing when providing daily transportation of time sensitive material and high securities and documents.
- Occasional overtime may be required.