Full Job Description
Agropur welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life. We are proud to be an employer with a diverse community and are committed to providing a respectful and inclusive experience for all employees and applicants. We will therefore work with candidates who request accommodation. Please note that an adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Working at Agropur means choosing a committed employer who invests daily to give its employees the means to develop professionally. It is also means being part of a large family where simplicity and honesty are lived on a daily basis and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. Invest in yourself and join Agropur to realize your full potential.
The Plant Supervisor is responsible for supporting the operations (production and warehousing activities) at the Ottawa Plant, including direct responsibility for ensuring completion of assigned quality activities in support of food safety and quality programs, employee and union relations, and health and safety initiatives, and participation in capital equipment planning, cost reduction initiatives, and process improvement projects. Specific duties include:
- Oversee the production planning, purchasing of finished goods, packaging and ingredients, within the Ottawa and all other Agropur supply plants;
- Prepares the daily production plan;
- Purchase all raw materials;
- Plan, manage and monitors activities related to inventory management, receiving, products linked to the plant’s operations;
- Helps to maintain the requirements of food quality, safety and defence;
- Develop work methods and tools for optimizing the scheduling of operations, maximizing the profitability of each production activity and reducing costs;
- Manages and monitors inventory movement (procurement, receiving). Also monitors all receiving and shipping activities;
- Responsible for ensuring order fill rates is in accordance with company Standards;
- Provides management and staff supervision support, training and information to the coordinators handling production management and logistics;
- Manages all purchased goods for Ontario market.
- Participates in special projects – trial runs, new business, capital projects etc;
- Leads in developing an inventory management model and related inventory management tools with Warehouse Management;
- Manages co-packers and private label customers relating to production planning;
- Maximizes the use of the plant’s capital assets to adequately meet the production and receiving requirements of the plant’s various departments;
- Main liaison with the National Sales Director and National Sales Planning Manager for all Sales requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree or a university degree in a related discipline (Business Administration, Operations Management or CAPICS);
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of managerial experience in production/warehousing, preferably in the unionized food/beverage industry;
- Industry related work experience, especially in procurement and logistics, will also be considered.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) would be considered an asset;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, VELO, Discoverer and Lotus Notes (in house systems) are preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership skills and the ability to work in a team environment;
- Bilingual English / French would be considered an asset.