Full Job Description
At Rogers, we put our customers first in everything we do. We’re committed to creating best-in-class customer experiences for millions of Canadians from coast-to-coast-to-coast. Our Customer Experience team is energetic, empathetic, and dedicated to making a difference – they’re passionate about people and ready to do whatever it takes to keep us connected to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most.
If you’re someone who’s excited by a challenge, takes initiative, and moved to make a difference, you’ll find success here. We’re growing our customer experience teams and are looking for team members who are committed to make more possible for our customers and Canadians every day.
This is a remote role which means you get to work from home! We support and encourage employees to find long term success and explore opportunities that play to their individual strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions – we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you continue on a journey to building a rewarding career at Rogers.
Think you’re up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re hiring for Part-Time Technical Support Consultants where you get to work from home!
Join our call centre team starting on March 27, 2023 In this role, you will be supporting customers with their Wireless products and services.
Who we’re looking for:
Technical Support Consultants don’t just embrace the latest technology and content – it’s part of who they are. We are looking for people to join our team who are excited about our products and services and want to share their knowledge and experience to best support our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Connect with customers over the phone to troubleshoot their technical issues through careful and logical processes
- Be empowered to resolve customer issues on their first call
- Educate customers on their existing products and suggest value-added services
- Solve customer problems and take accountability for technical issues by actively listening and asking the right questions
- Receive ongoing training and certifications for new Rogers products and services
You should have:
- 1+ years of customer interaction in a professional role, either face to face or over the phone
- A flexible schedule to work in our 24/7 environment
- Act as a brand ambassador, educator, problem solver and so much more to help support our customers
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while navigating multiple computer systems
- Expert communication and listening skills
What We Offer:
We invest in our people to unleash their potential so we can win as a team! As part of the team, you will have access to a ton of amazing resources, discounts and perks. To name a few:
- Unlimited access to Headspace Premium for mindfulness training
- LIVX – Fitness Membership to attend classes virtually
- Company matching contributions to charities you support
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Great health and dental benefits, pension plan, RRSP, TFSA and Wealth Accumulation Plan
- Employee discounts to our products and services
- Work from home as of day 1
We genuinely care about each other and we’re committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace at Rogers so all of our team members can bring their whole selves to work. We have employee resource groups that build awareness and a culture of allyship for equity-seeking groups, including groups representing People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Women. We all bring something different, and we know what makes you different makes us great.
We have a remote-friendly culture. In this role, you will be working from home permanently as long as you meet our requirements which include, but are not limited to, a quiet workspace and the required internet bandwidth. You must also reside within 150km of 855 York Mills Road Toronto ON to be eligible.
Wondering what it takes to join our team? Click here to see where your career will take you!
As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be required to complete an online assessment and provide consent for and successfully pass a criminal background check.
We’ve established a set of internal hiring rules to help you find long-term success at Rogers. Click here to access Your Career @ Rogers – Ground Rules and become familiar with the new requirements.
Schedule: Part Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: Remote
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Call Centre Operations & Technical Support
Requisition ID: 284494
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.