Job Title: Production Member
Location: 4852 – 52 Street SE, Calgary, AB
Shift: Morning, Night, Overnight
FuelCell Energy is a global leader in decarbonizing power and producing hydrogen through our proprietary fuel cell technology. Our mission is to enable a world powered by clean energy. As an innovator and manufacturer of fuel cell clean power platforms, FuelCell Energy has the only technology in the world capable of capturing carbon from an external source and producing power at the same time. In addition, we offer the only technology in the world capable of producing hydrogen, power and water simultaneously.
The day shift is Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
The Production Member is responsible for the production of FuelCells as per the work instructions, schedule, and budgeted hours while maximizing productivity and quality.
The duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complete FuelCell production in accordance with the company’s work instructions
- Assisting the research and development team in identifying new production processes
- Routinely inspect products in detail to ensure consistency and meet quality standards
- Load or unload products to or from the production line
- Operate and clean production equipment
- Perform routine checks to ensure proper operation of the equipment
- Maintain accurate and detailed production records
- Provide support to team members
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, including safety, and quality requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a production environment would be considered an asset
- Ability to understand procedures, analyze products and fill reports
- Must be willing to be crossed trained as required
- Basic computer skills
- Detailed orientated
- Strong work ethics
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with little supervision
- Multi-work environment (manufacturing, production, warehouse, research and development, office) requiring the use of PPE
- Full-time hours (40 hrs a week)
- Ability to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds
- Bending, sitting, standing, kneeling, and walking
FuelCell Energy is an equal-opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and safe work environment for people of all backgrounds.
FuelCell offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive wages.
The successful candidate is required to complete a criminal background check, employment and education verification.
What skills and qualities are important for a Production Team Member?
Production team members play a crucial role in the manufacturing and production process, working as part of a team to ensure the efficient and smooth operation of the production line. To excel in this role, several skills and qualities are essential:
1. Technical Skills: Production team members should be proficient in using various tools, machinery, and equipment relevant to their specific production tasks.
2. Teamwork: Collaboration and effective communication with other team members are crucial for seamless production operations.
3. Time Management: Meeting production targets and adhering to schedules require good time management skills.
4. Attention to Detail: Precision and accuracy are essential to ensure that products meet quality standards and specifications.
5. Physical Stamina: The job may involve standing for extended periods, lifting heavy objects, and performing repetitive tasks, so physical stamina is important.
6. Safety Awareness: Prioritizing safety is crucial to prevent accidents and injuries in a manufacturing environment. Adhering to safety protocols and using personal protective equipment (PPE) is a must.
By possessing these skills and qualities, production team members can contribute to a successful and efficient manufacturing process, helping the company produce high-quality products while meeting production targets and maintaining a safe and positive work environment.
What education and certification are required to become a Production Team Member?
Becoming a production team member typically does not require formal education beyond a high school diploma or its equivalent. Most production team member positions are considered entry-level and provide on-the-job training. However, there are certain skills and certifications that can enhance your employability and advancement opportunities in this field. Here’s what you need to know:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent: The minimum educational requirement for most production team member positions is a high school diploma or GED.
Certifications are not usually mandatory for entry-level production team member roles, but some industry-recognized certifications can demonstrate your commitment to the field and improve your qualifications. Here are some relevant certifications:
- Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certifications: MSSC offers certifications like the Certified Production Technician (CPT) or the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) that cover fundamental manufacturing skills.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certifications: OSHA certifications, such as OSHA 10-Hour General Industry or OSHA 30-Hour General Industry, can demonstrate your knowledge of workplace safety, which is crucial in manufacturing environments.
- Lean Six Sigma Certifications: While not specific to production team members, Lean Six Sigma certifications can be valuable for individuals interested in process improvement and efficiency in manufacturing.
- Quality Management Certifications: Some certifications, such as those offered by the American Society for Quality (ASQ), focus on quality management principles that are applicable in a manufacturing setting.
It’s important to note that while certifications can be beneficial, hands-on experience gained through on-the-job training and practical work in a production environment is highly valuable in this field. Many manufacturing companies provide training to new production team members to ensure they understand the specific processes and safety protocols of the organization.
As you gain experience and develop your skills, you may consider pursuing additional education or advanced certifications to advance in the manufacturing industry or take on more specialized roles within the production process. Continuous development of your skills and knowledge can open up opportunities for career growth in the manufacturing sector.
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Online: Apply On Company WebSite
What is the work environment like for Production Team Member?
The work environment for a production team member can vary depending on the industry, type of production, and the specific company they work for. However, there are some common characteristics of the work environment for production team members:
1. Manufacturing Plant or Factory Setting: Production team members typically work in manufacturing plants, factories, or production facilities where goods are produced and assembled.
2. Physical Demands: The job can be physically demanding, involving standing for extended periods, lifting heavy objects, and performing repetitive tasks.
3. Team-Based Work: Production team members work as part of a team, collaborating with other team members and supervisors to ensure the smooth operation of the production line.
4. Fast-Paced Environment: Production operations are often fast-paced, with the need to meet production targets and maintain an efficient workflow.
5. Shift Work: Many manufacturing plants operate on multiple shifts, including daytime, evening, and overnight shifts, to maintain continuous production.
Overall, the work environment for production team members is focused on efficiently producing goods or assembling products according to established standards. Effective teamwork, attention to detail, adherence to safety protocols, and a commitment to quality are essential for success in this role. Production team members are integral to the manufacturing process, ensuring that products are made to meet customer requirements and company goals.