A receiver job typically involves the process of receiving and organizing goods or materials in various settings, such as warehouses, retail stores, manufacturing plants, or distribution centers. The primary responsibility of a receiver is to ensure accurate and efficient handling of incoming shipments, verifying the quantity and quality of the received items.
Here is a breakdown of the typical tasks and responsibilities of a receiver:
- Receiving Shipments: The receiver is responsible for accepting deliveries from suppliers or carriers. This includes unloading trucks or containers and inspecting the items for any damages, discrepancies, or defects.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping: Receivers maintain accurate records of received shipments, which often involves documenting information such as item descriptions, quantities, serial numbers, and any observed damages or issues. They may use computerized systems or manual forms to update inventory records.
- Quality Control: Receivers play a crucial role in quality control by carefully examining incoming goods to ensure they meet the specified standards or requirements. They may conduct visual inspections, perform tests, or compare the received items to specifications or purchase orders.
- Inventory Management: Once the goods are received, receivers are responsible for properly storing or organizing them in designated areas within the facility. This includes labeling, tagging, or barcoding items for easy identification and retrieval when needed.
- Collaboration: Receivers often work closely with other departments, such as purchasing, logistics, or production, to coordinate the smooth flow of materials or resolve any discrepancies or issues related to the received shipments.
- Return and Exchange Handling: In cases where received items are damaged, incorrect, or not meeting the required standards, receivers may facilitate the return or exchange process by coordinating with suppliers, obtaining return authorizations, and ensuring proper documentation.
- Safety and Compliance: Receivers must adhere to safety protocols and guidelines while handling shipments, especially when dealing with hazardous materials. They should also comply with legal and regulatory requirements related to receiving, storing, and handling specific types of products.
- Communication: Effective communication skills are essential for receivers to interact with suppliers, carriers, coworkers, and other stakeholders involved in the receiving process. They may need to address inquiries, provide status updates, or report any issues or delays promptly.
Overall, a receiver plays a vital role in the supply chain by ensuring accurate and efficient handling of incoming shipments, maintaining inventory records, and collaborating with various stakeholders to facilitate smooth operations. Attention to detail, organization, and a strong sense of accountability are important qualities for individuals in this role.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
About the role
Whether picking up a bag of cookies, a sweet new outfit or a cart full of essentials, our Receiver team members contribute to building memorable experiences by receiving and unloading new products in the store’s warehouse and stocking the retail floor. We appreciate our Receiver team members for all they do and their support in initiatives that help provides the best in-store experience for shoppers like ourselves in all our stores across Canada. We want to show you how it is done and have you help us improve and build an even better in-store experience. We’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a positive environment in the store
- Receive and unload new shipments
- Store inventory in the correct areas of the warehouse
- Stock the retail floor when necessary
- Count all inventory and report any discrepancies
- Keep the warehouse organized
- Provide excellent customer service
- Support in the delivery of promotions and programs
- Assist customers with general inquiries
- Keep department area organized
- Maintain established health and safety standards
Who you are
- An outstanding teammate with good interpersonal skills
- Adaptable in a fast-paced work environment
- Resourceful and courteous when resolving inquiries
- Motivated to learn new things and deliver positive customer service
- Good news! No previous experience is required. We provide you with training to set you up for success!
What you bring
- Flexibility to work a variety of departments and hours which may include days, evenings, and weekends
- Able to move up to 50lbs and in constant mobility for an entire shift
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.