A secretary is a professional who provides administrative and clerical support to individuals, teams, or organizations. Their role is crucial in ensuring the smooth functioning of an office or department. Here is a description of the typical responsibilities and tasks associated with a secretary job:
- Administrative Support: Secretaries assist in managing the daily operations of an office. They schedule appointments, maintain calendars, and organize meetings. They also handle correspondence, draft emails and letters, and prepare documents and reports as required.
- Communication: Secretaries serve as a primary point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders. They answer phone calls, take messages, and respond to inquiries. They also greet visitors, clients, or customers and provide them with necessary information or direct them to the appropriate person.
- File Management: Secretaries are responsible for maintaining and organizing office files and documents. They ensure that records are properly labeled, filed, and easily accessible. They may also create and maintain electronic databases and manage digital files.
- Data Entry and Processing: Secretaries input and update information into databases or computer systems. They may process paperwork, invoices, expense reports, and other administrative forms. Accuracy and attention to detail are crucial in this aspect of the job.
- Travel and Logistics: Secretaries may be responsible for making travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotels, and rental cars. They may also coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences, or events, such as arranging venues, catering, and equipment.
- Office Management: Secretaries play a role in maintaining the office environment. They order and manage office supplies, ensure equipment is functioning properly, and coordinate with IT support when needed. They may also handle basic financial tasks, such as budget tracking or processing invoices.
- Confidentiality: Secretaries often handle sensitive information, so they must maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in their work. This includes handling confidential files, maintaining privacy in conversations, and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Time Management and Prioritization: Secretaries are skilled at managing multiple tasks and deadlines. They prioritize work effectively, ensuring that urgent matters are addressed promptly. They also help with time management for their supervisors, scheduling their appointments and reminding them of important deadlines.
- Technology Skills: Secretaries should be proficient in using office software and equipment. This includes word processing, spreadsheet applications, email clients, and presentation software. They may also be responsible for maintaining office technology and troubleshooting minor technical issues.
- Team Support: Secretaries work closely with other team members and provide support whenever necessary. They collaborate with colleagues, assist in projects, and contribute to a positive work environment.
Overall, secretaries play a crucial role in facilitating effective communication, organizing information, and supporting the administrative functions of an office or organization. Their multitasking abilities, organizational skills, and attention to detail are essential for successful performance in this role.
We are professional, fast-paced, customer-centric, and our goal is to design thoughtful spaces for our clients.
Our work environment includes:
- Work-from-home days
- Growth opportunities
The Empire is looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our clients, managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute emails, memos, letters and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Maintain current filing system – contribute to advancements in organization.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistantor Office Admin Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers
- General knowledge of Google Sheets and Docs, in particular
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus