Full Job Description
At the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development, inclusion and diversity are priorities. We are an inclusive workplace, free from bias and discrimination, which enables all employees to fully contribute their unique skills and capabilities.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the “How to apply” section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- prepare and review new client application files, reviewing applications for accuracy and completeness;
- prepare a variety of correspondence and other materials for clients and/or staff;
- provide financial and budget management support services;
- monitor program expenditures while receiving and responding to client inquiries regarding employment programs and services offered to the public;
- administer the examination process for trade and other exams according to policy.
How do I qualify?
- You have an understanding of employment services and related programs and activities.
- You are able to interpret and apply relevant employment legislation, regulations and other practices and procedures such as Freedom of Information (FOI) in order to answer inquiries from clients.
- You have knowledge of administrative procedures, guidelines, processes and practices related to financial administration (e.g. processing invoices, maintaining supplies and resources inventory).
- You have demonstrated communication, interpersonal and customer service skills to deal effectively with clients both in person and over the phone (to explain procedures, recommend problem resolution, etc.) and to prepare correspondence and reports.
- You are able to gather information from clients, and maintain confidentiality, tact and diplomacy when working with members of the public.
Reasoning, Analytical and Organizational Skills
- You have analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- You have planning, organizing and coordinating skills to handle multiple projects as well as perform regular duties.
- You have the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- You are able to work in a team environment.
- You are proficient with computer software to prepare correspondence, presentations and spreadsheets.
- You have the ability to administer database systems, electronic scheduling, correspondence and other information tracking systems.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Corporate Talent Programs Branch, Talent and Leadership Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
How To Apply