Jealous Fruits is the northernmost large scale cherry producer in North America. We grow premium cherries along the shores of Okanagan Lake in the renowned Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada. Our cherries are all hand packed in our state-of-the-art facility, located right on our farm, and shipped to our customers worldwide.
To facilitate the safe entry or exit of product and large and/or heavy items within the production facility, using both electric and LPG forklifts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Unloading and loading trucks, trailers and tractors.
- Moving, stacking, and unstacking fruit bins inside and outside of the processing facility.
- Moving packed fruit and supplies around the plant.
- Record details of loads.
- Vehicle maintenance checks completed and recorded at the start of shift.
- Working in a safe efficient manner, following all applicable work safe and food safe requirements.
- Take part in Health and Safety awareness training.
- Class 5 driver’s license or equivalent.
- At least 1 year forklift experience preferred, certification is an asset.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good command of English preferred accompanied by good team communication.
- Must be a flexible team player who works well in a busy and demanding environment.
- Good eye for detail and quality maintenance.
- Able to work for extended periods of time in a focused, safe, and professional manner.
Our working environment is extremely challenging over a short period of time. Applicants should be aware that this is a farming environment and days off may be limited during our growing and packing season. Applicants should be aware that:
- Work hours are dependent on crop maturity and weather.
- Working in limited spaces with expensive and perishable products.
- Always be always fully aware of surroundings and pedestrians.
- Conditions can vary from cold in the cooler to warm in receiving area.
- Work hours are generally at least 50+ hours per week. Job share options may be available, inquire at application.
- The role is agricultural employment and overtime provisions do not apply.
- Applicants must be available from late June until early September.
- The candidate must have the ability to work well with people of varying backgrounds and nationalities.
Great teamwork environment.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.