Full Job Description
Client & Family-Centered Care Is At The Heart of Everything We Do At Lumacare! Lumacare believes Client and Family-Centered Care is based on a philosophy of care, treatment and support that empowers Clients to be active and knowledgeable partners in their health care. Whether you join Lumacare in a client facing role, in a leadership capacity, or in a support position, it is essential that every member of our team is passionate about promoting and protecting Client and Family-Centered Care.
Work for an Agency that cares about the people who care for people!
Lumacare’ s transportation service provides an easy and affordable way to get around the neighborhood and across the city. We are committed to meeting the diverse needs of our clients safely and in comfort.
Transportation is provided for medical appointments, treatment programs, and to assist with shopping, banking, and other daily chores. This service provides door-to-door pick up and drop off to clients.
- Drives individual and group rides (up to 5 clients) to designated destinations, ensuring safe and punctual arrival, sometimes in conjunction with an escort or a Passenger Assistant.
- Follows a route and schedule as assigned, transport physical disabilities and cognitively impaired clients from pick-up point to various destinations and return
- Abides by all policies, procedures, and practices, and ensuring that clients do the same to maintain the safety of all concerned while enroute. Completes all documentations and reports as required by Lumacare policies and procedures in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conducts mandatory Lumacare regulated circle checks daily on vehicle(s) before and after shift noting minor and major vehicle defects, topping up vehicle fluids (i.e., gas and windshield wiper fluids) in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the exterior and interior of vehicle is clean and presentable to clients and the public. Reports to Supervisor any concerns regarding defects detected and condition of the vehicles which may make them unsafe to drive.
- Observes routines Precautions and Infection Prevention and Control standards to minimize risk exposure when working with clients and others. Provides door to door and hand to hand transfer to ensure client’s safety. Reports to Supervisor any staff concerns for a client due to his/her condition or any Health and Safety concerns resulting from driving a particular client.
- Follows all Policies and Procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment and minimize risks.
- Attends and participates in a monthly team meeting; attends workshops as required and agency training as required.
- Performs other duties as required (i.e., provides deliveries or courier service between offices of Lumacare and drives ADP staff for grocery shopping). Maintains knowledge, observes, practices and enforces appropriate procedures in regard to Fire, Safety, Quality and environmental standards. Maintains and ensures that others maintain a safe, orderly and tidy work area
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of 3 years of passenger transportation experience is required
- Minimum of two years’ working experience in providing support to vulnerable people is an asset.
- A minimum of five years’ experience driving a minivan or similar vehicle throughout the city, including main thoroughfares and hi ghways like the 401 and 400.
- Experience working with adults and seniors with special needs, which may include cognitive impairments and age-related challenges.
- PSW Certificate from a certified educational institution is an asset
- Current First AID & CPR certification
Does this sound like what you’ve been looking for? Apply today! Please send us your resume
Lumacare is a fully accredited agency committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities that we serve.
We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, aboriginal persons and people who identify themselves as LGBTQIA+. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
Notice to Candidates – you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Lumacare will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.