Job Title: Nurse Educator
Location: 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON
Shift: Morning, Night, Overnight
Wage: $42.39–$62.55 an hour
About The Ottawa Hospital
Inspired by research and driven by compassion!
The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) is one of Canada¿s largest learning and research multi-campus hospitals. With more than 1,100 beds and approximately 12,000 staff members, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region.
From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges while continually engaging with the community to support our vision for better patient care.
Working together with its research institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners, the hospital is continually gaining national and international recognition for high-quality patient care, teaching and research, while striving to meet the needs of the culturally diverse community we serve.
The incumbent of this position will be required to work in various areas throughout the Heart Institute and spend a significant amount of time dedicated to regional activities.
Temporary position until approximately May 24, 2025
Days, 8 hour shifts.
- For information purposes only – The Hospital reserves the right to change.
- Masters of Nursing, Education or Health Administration;
- Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO);
- Bachelor of Nursing;
- Five (5) years current clinical critical care/cardiovascular nursing experience;
- Two (2) years teaching experience or equivalent;
- Membership in the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO);
- Demonstrated skilled clinical practice;
- Demonstrated teaching skills, including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation based on principles of adult learning;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and group facilitator skills;
- Current experience in implementing quality initiatives;
- Current experience in measuring/monitoring performance indicators;
- Demonstrated knowledge in regional educational initiatives.
- Proficiency in English and French – oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
Language proficiency requirements are based on the nature of the position and the level of interaction with French- and English-speaking clients.
- Membership with CCCN / CACCN;
- Superior knowledge of EPIC and EMR related activities.
What you can expect from us
The Ottawa Hospital is committed to providing a healthy, safe, and inclusive work environment for everyone. We are driven by our purpose to provide each patient with the world-class care, exceptional service and compassion we would want for our loved ones.
We offer an attractive and equitable compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, a Defined Benefit Pension (DBP) plan, and insurance protection. We also offer discounts from choice providers on a variety of products and services.
The Ottawa Hospital provides various Health and Wellness resources as well as opportunities for personal and professional development opportunities from our in-house Learning and Leadership Development team to help align your goals with your career objectives.
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Online: Apply On Company WebSite