Job Title: Security Mobile Patrol Driver
Location: Calgary, AB
Shift: Morning, Night, Overnight
The wage is $17 to start and goes to $18 after 30 days of successful employment. Security runs 24/7 365 days a year – rain, snow, or good weather. If you can’t drive in winter conditions this job isn’t for you. We are looking for professional and responsible Mobile Security Drivers to protect our customer sites, assets and personnel.
Your duties would include but are not limited to:
- Patrolling client sites.
- Responding to alarms.
- Doing reports.
- Reporting all site inconsistencies.
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting
- entry to authorized personnel only.
- Locking and unlocking the premises at specified times as required by client specifications.
- Prevent loss and damage to client site by reporting damage or repairs as required.
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and report accordingly.
- Take accurate notes to complete reports, log book entries, and all relevant paperwork to a high standard – including
- reporting in detail any incidents occurring while on duty.
- Ensure risk assessment and assignment instructions are followed at all times to meet customer requirements.
- Deal with customers, staff and visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- You will be responsible for ensuring you are fully aware and understand the health and safety policy of the company and client.
- To take effective action in an emergency and cooperate fully with dispatch and emergency services.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak fluently in English.
- Must have a flashlight, a pen, and a notebook.
- Essential Valid ABST License and Drivers License.
- Excellent verbal, observation, and written communication skills.
- Good Organizational skills.
- High level of professionalism and reliability.
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable to situations.
These are night driving shifts and you will be driving. You will be driving a company vehicle so a good driving record and good attitude is required. All road rules and laws must be followed.
What skills and qualities are important for a Security Mobile Patrol Driver ?
A Security Mobile Patrol Driver plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and security of a designated area by patrolling and monitoring premises. Here are key skills and qualities important for individuals in this role:
- Driving Skills: Proficient and safe driving skills are paramount. The ability to navigate various terrains and conditions while maintaining situational awareness is crucial.
- Security Knowledge: A solid understanding of security protocols, procedures, and regulations is essential. This includes knowledge of emergency response procedures, access control, and incident reporting.
- Observation Skills: Being observant and detail-oriented is crucial for detecting unusual activities, security breaches, or potential threats during patrols.
- Communication Skills: Clear and effective communication is vital for reporting incidents, coordinating with a central control room, and interacting with other security personnel, clients, or the public.
- Customer Service: Security mobile patrol drivers often interact with clients, employees, or visitors. Strong customer service skills are important for maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Online: Apply On Company WebSite
What education and certification are required to become a Security Mobile Patrol Driver ?
The specific education and certification requirements for a Security Mobile Patrol Driver can vary depending on the employer, jurisdiction, and the level of security responsibilities involved. However, here are general guidelines that individuals interested in this role may consider:
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent:
Many employers require a high school diploma or its equivalent as a minimum educational qualification.
2. Driver’s License:
A valid driver’s license is typically a fundamental requirement for this role. Depending on the employer, a clean driving record may also be necessary.
3. Security Guard License:
In many jurisdictions, individuals working in security roles, including Security Mobile Patrol Drivers, are required to obtain a security guard license or a similar certification. The process for obtaining this license varies by location but often includes background checks and completion of a training program.
4. First Aid and CPR Certification:
Some employers may require or prefer candidates to have First Aid and CPR certification. This training is valuable for handling medical emergencies that may occur while on duty.
5. Additional Training:
Employers may provide on-the-job training specific to their security protocols, procedures, and technology. This training may cover areas such as emergency response, conflict resolution, and the use of security equipment.
What is the work environment like for Security Mobile Patrol Driver ?
The work environment for a Security Mobile Patrol Driver can vary based on the specific duties, the nature of the security operation, and the industry. However, there are some common aspects that characterize the work environment for individuals in this role:
Outdoor and Indoor Settings:
- Security Mobile Patrol Drivers may work in both outdoor and indoor environments. Outdoor settings could include parking lots, building perimeters, and other outdoor areas, while indoor settings may involve patrolling within buildings or facilities.
- The work locations can be diverse, ranging from commercial and industrial facilities to residential complexes, educational institutions, healthcare facilities, and more. Security Mobile Patrol Drivers may be assigned to patrol a specific route or cover multiple locations.
- A significant portion of the work involves driving a security vehicle to patrol designated areas. This may include parking lots, streets, and various sections of a property.
Surveillance and Monitoring:
- Security Mobile Patrol Drivers are responsible for monitoring and observing their surroundings. This includes keeping an eye out for suspicious activities, unauthorized access, or other security concerns.
Interaction with People:
- Depending on the specific security assignment, Security Mobile Patrol Drivers may interact with clients, employees, visitors, or the general public. This interaction could involve providing information, answering questions, or enforcing access control policies.