Salary: $20.40 an hour
Job type: Full-time
Shift & schedule: Morning shift, Night shift
Location: Calgary, AB
Shift/Hours: Morning, night, overnight
At Alberta Veterinary Laboratories/Solvet (‘AVL’), our multi-faceted team is dedicated to promoting the health and welfare of animals. Built on the values of INNOVATION, QUALITY, PEOPLE/ANIMALS, ACCOUNTABILITY, PASSION, and SAFETY, AVL is a Canadian company searching for new solutions to old problems through the development and world-wide distribution of products that bring great comfort and ease to both owners and animals. Founded in 2009, this Calgary-based, family owned and operated company has provided quality animal health products to thousands of farmers, vets, and pet owners. At AVL our mission is simple … we listen to our customers and deliver solutions to problems they face daily.
Let’s help you launch your career with AVL/Solvet! We are looking for an experienced and energetic new team member to join our Warehouse team on-site in our Calgary head office as a Warehouse Associate.
Reporting to the Warehouse Team Lead (interim – VP, Operations), the Warehouse Associate is responsible for performing an array of duties such as receiving and processing incoming materials, picking and filling orders for Quality Control and Production, packing and shipping orders, and managing, organizing and retrieving materials and other items as required. Attention to safety within the warehouse is paramount … the BEST safety device is a CAREFUL worker.
– Pick orders for Production
– Re-inventory unused materials
– Unload and load transport trucks
– Comfortable completing receiving on a computer by receiving/recording incoming shipments into WASP and Acumatica
– Manage pallet inventory
– Print pallet labels
– Ship orders through 3PL
– Manage disposal of empty drums and totes
– Keep warehouse areas clean and organized
– Pick up some local orders
– Complete all required paperwork
– Responsible for ensuring warehouse areas kept clean and organized
– Keeping a safe environment and ensuring operations are conducted in a safe manner
– Willingly perform other duties as required
– A minimum High School or equivalent education
– Minimum 3-years experience working in a warehouse environment (an understanding of working in a GMP facility would be an asset)
– A valid Class 5 drivers’ license with good driving record
– Forklift training and current certifications for Counterbalance and Raymond Reach
– Additional equipment experience and certifications considered and asset for scissor lift + fall protection, hydraulic pallet jack, wrapper, mini Zamboni
– Hands-on experience with inventory and logistics software programs
Skills and Attributes
– Great interpersonal and communication skills (professional level of English required)
– Reliable, punctual and thrives as part of a busy team
– Detail-oriented with good organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
– Comfortable with multi-tasking and adaptable to changing priorities within a team-oriented environment
– Consistently demonstrates initiative and willingness to go above and beyond
– Able to remain calm under pressure
– Must be physically able to bend and stretch, lift up to 50 lbs (23 kgs) as well as stand or walk for long periods of time
– Good vision and hearing skills are essential in a safety sensitive working environment
– Follows directions while working safely and efficiently
– This is a safety sensitive position due to the operation of machinery in the warehouse
As AVL continues to grow and evolve, we would love for you to join us on this journey. As a diverse and inclusive organization, we consider all applicants for employment and certainly invite those who identify as members of under-represented communities to join our team! If you have a disability, please let us know if there is anything we can do to make the interview process better for you – we are happy to accommodate.
*WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU*
At AVL, we are committed to keeping our team healthy and motivated, so they can do the best work of their lives. We’ve built a company where people love to come to work, and we think you will too! AVL team members benefits include:
– Full-time position Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:30pm) with limited requirement for overtime
– Casual dress
– Company-provided PPE
– Annual CSA-approved shoe allowance
– Competitive compensation + paid time off (vacation, sick and personal days)
– Life insurance and comprehensive healthcare benefits
– Professional growth through Learning & Development opportunities
– Opportunities for career advancement
– A dynamic, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
– Accessible by public transit or free on-site parking
We’d love to consider you for this excellent opportunity if you’re experienced in WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS and looking to use your warehousing and forklift skills. If this position sounds like a great fit and you want to stand out from the crowd, apply by providing a COVER LETTER explaining your interest in AVL and how you can bring immediate value to this position, along with a current copy of your RESUME.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates in our career opportunities. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, can rise to the challenge of living AVL/Solvet values, and can demonstrate how you will be a valuable team member, we will be in touch to schedule an interview.
The collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with AVL/Solvet privacy policies and practices. By submitting your resume and personal data to AVL/Solvet and participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information by AVL/Solvet to determine your suitability for employment opportunities.
Note – the successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Background Check and work references.